Thursday, January 06, 2005

Living without heat

A while back I heard an article on NPR about a writer who lived & worked in her home without heat, even in the dead of winter. She talked about how she wore many layers, but that she still was pretty cold in her office, which was on the north side of the house. She also talked about how it helped her connect with the many people in the world who don't have a choice: they live without heat, clean water, medicine, etc., and suffer for it.

I live in great comfort, but I find myself questioning it at every turn.

If anyone can point me to a transcript of the article, or to internet resources about this person, or other people making similar choices, I'd be greatful.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.