Tuesday, May 10, 2005

gift economies

I found an interesting blog post:
I've been thinking about how ... much more valuable is the relationship between me and my neighbor than between me and my
grocer.

Right on! I think when I make my next kitchen creation, I will deliberately make too much, and share the extra.

For most ferments (beer, sauerkraut, kombucha), the cost of ingredients is low, but the work is significant. However, you can do anywhere between 1 quart and 30 gallons for about the same amount of work. So I can just double the recipie and make the rest a gift.

If you see any foods mentioned here that you'd like to try, and you are willing to come get it, let me know ahead of time & I'll set some aside for you.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.