The babies have broken a lot of glasses recently. Luckily they haven't gotten cut, but we still needed to find something to drink out of.
- Sturdy, so babies can't break them easily
- 12-20oz seems like the right size
- fits comfortably in the dishwasher
- Not plastic, for reasons I described before.
- Cheap, ideally something that we can get used.
This turned out to be an easy one: we're using pint, regular-mouth mason jars. The meet all of the above, plus they can take a secure lid, so babies won't spill my pint of milk on the carpet.
I'm wondering how well they would work for tea and coffee, especially since you can get them with a handle. Will they cope with the thermal stress?